Join us for our next meeting on Monday, February 20, at 7:00p, at the Town Hall (N3097 Highway 175, Byron WI). Byron’s own, Curt Kindschuh will speak about his business, Old Baldy Barn Beams, creating custom made fireplace mantels, shelves, benches, and charcuterie boards using barnboards and beams. He will discuss how he became interested in the work, and he will show examples of some of his restorative and creative projects. See you there!
2023 BHS Commemorative Calendars
These great calendars feature the clothing, jewelry, and hair styles that the men and women of the Town of Byron wore over the years. You won’t believe the looks! Over 140 photographs and notes, as well as the traditional addition of news stories from 100 years ago. Calendars are $10 each.
At the Town of Byron Town Hall:
1) At our next open house, Saturday, February 18, 2023, between 9:00a.m. and noon.
2) At our next meeting, Monday, February 20, at 7:00p.m.
2) By mail. Download the order form and complete the transaction remotely. Calendar Order Form 2023 3) By appointment by calling 920 922 5351.
At these retail establishments:
• National Exchange Bank and Trust, 505 Main Street, Brownsville, open 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday – Thursday; 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Friday.
• Blueprint Solutions, 78 North Main Street, Fond du Lac, open 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday – Thursday; 8 a.m. to noon Friday.
• Kelley Country Creamery, W5215 County Road B, Fond du Lac, open Wednesday – Sunday from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. until December 31 and reopening in March, 2023.
• Guido’s Spirits and Sandwich Co., N3041 Highway 175 Byron, open 11:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday. 11:00 to 10:00 p.m. Friday and Saturday. Closed Monday.
Get Involved! BHS has lots of fun activities for all our friends and members.
Become a new member or renew your membership –Annual dues per person are $10 or $25 per family. Lifetime membership is $200. BHS Membership Form.
Gather oral history – The African proverb reminds us that when someone dies, a library has burned because his/her story is lost. We want to preserve the stories of our people through interviews. Please consider volunteering to meet with a member of our community to hear and record his/her stories. BHS will provide guidelines and a tape recorder. Contact us for more details.
Give a talk – If you live in the Town of Byron or you have lived in the Town of Byron, your history is Byron history. Consider sharing some reflections from your life. How you made a living. Military service. Childhood memories. Travels. Hobbies. Special events. Guests speakers at our monthly meetings are popular. Thank you for considering becoming one of them.